Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Questions Chapters 1-2 due by Thursday a.m.

Write responses to both questions below after you have read Chapters 1 and 2 in Tuck.

In Chapter 1 there is a very powerful and detailed description of a place. Think of a "powerful" place you have visited. Describe it. What does it look like? Sound like? What feeling(s) did you have when you were there?

In Chapter 2 Mr. Tuck has a dream that makes him smile. Describe a dream that you have had that you didn't want to end or hoped would come true.

45 comments:

Rose!!!!!!! said...

2)A powerful place I have been to is Machu Picchu. It was amazing because it was on the side of a mountain, and it was extremely large. Also if you were there when the sun rose, it was unbeleivably amazing. Also, it had the most funny wild llamas, and the llamams made me laugh so hard. When I was there I felt like I was in a magical place.

1)One dream that I had was that I was at a beach house, and I was looking for gold. In my dream, I kept finding gold looking objects and I kept beleiving it was gold, but it wasn't. I remember that I was about to find actual gold when I woke up.

Celine :) said...

1. One place that I went to that was very powerful was Venice,Italy. I thought Venice was powerful because when you went there, everything was peaceful and calm because there where no cars and no big buildings. When I was there, I felt relaxed because everywhere I went was nice and quiet.

2. One dream that I had that made me smile was that I was a very wealthy person and I had everything that anyone would ever want. I was also traveling anywhere I wanted in my own private jet. I went on cruises and went to very exotic places. I also had a very very big house and a lot of nice cars.

Lauren........ said said...

1. A powerful place I have visited would probably be Hawaii. I got to do tons of fun things because I went there for New Year and there were lights and sparkles and everything. It was beautiful and colorful. When I was there it was so fun and I felt so alive and I felt it was the perfect celebration.
2. Mr. Tuck has a dream that treegap did not exist and that was what made him smile. A dream that I have had that I did not want to end and wanted to come true was when my dad brought home a cat and my mom said we could keep it .

Chris said...

1 A powerful place that I have been to is in the bay. It was very cold and very wet and I was really scared. I went there because I had crashed a plane. It sounded like nothing because there was no one there and it felt like water because it was. I was very, very scared.

2. When Tuck had a dream when his family was in heaven and it made him smile. I dream that I didn't want to end was when I was flying among the clouds and then I landed and had the best day of my life. I loved that dream.

hannah is awsome said...

1. A “Powerful” place that I visited is when my family went to New York to visit our cousins. When we went to New York, we took a hike in the woods and it was very fun. The woods were a little spooky at first but then it was fun. It was in the afternoon so it was not dark. There were a lot of trees and leaves on the floor. While I was walking, I stepped into an ant hill. Ha Ha Ha!!!
2. One dream I had was when I had a test the next day and I got 400% on it. I got another test back and I got a 1,000% on that test. I was very happy!!! I wanted to keep on getting great grades but I had to wake up and go to school.

Kate :o :D :U :m said...

one place I have been that was very powerful to me was Tanzania Africa. Although I have been on many vacations to exotic places such as mexico, jamaica, fiji, ect. I have never experianced something quite as inspiring as that. There were many poor people who were starving and dying which made me feel extremely greatful for what I have.

One dream that I have had that I did not want to end was one where I was at school and I had an amazing day. there is usually alot of wierd thing in dreams and well those wierd things were very active that night. people were juggling and you could do anything you liked.

Kate K. :) :) :P said...

1. One place I went to that was powerful was when I went to Ireland. It was beautiful. They had parks and ponds and even a maze!! The sounds I could hear were the sounds of children playing soccer and rain. Oh yeah, it rained ALOT!!! I felt relaxed and excited.

2. One dream I have had that made me smile was one where this really cute boy moved in right next door to me! One dream I wouldn’t want to end was that I was on the beach with my beautiful beach house behind me at sunset just watching the ocean. It was really peaceful and nice because I was all alone.

Sean? said...

1. One powerful place I have visited is the Grand Canyon. It is deep, so if you fall in you’re dead. One would look at all its majesty in awe and some fear, for one false step ends you. Few people dare to go inside because of the desert heat, and those who do are only the toughest hikers. There is a feeling of adventure even walking on the top because of what lies below. There is no sound except for the amazed breathing of the tourists. It is powerful because it is amazing, deep, and no one knows the full extent of what lies inside. It is simply amazing and powerful. When I was there, I was amazed and in awe at the rocks and the river inside.
2. I once had a dream that I was sitting in a home and there was no pressure on me to do anything. I could move as I pleased without worrying about the consequences of my actions, because they were all correct. I hoped that that dream would continue on or come true because it was a perfect life. I know, however, that this dream could not come true because nothing in this world is perfect- anything natural is chaotic.

Angela =] said...

1. One place that I went to that was very powerful to me was in Canada, the Niagara Falls. It was very beautiful and peaceful because the water would flow down, and it seemed like it would never stop. When I was there, I’d watch it carefully and I felt so relaxed there. Looking at the falls got you out of that down-to-earth feeling.

2. A dream that I had that made me smile was a huge place with a lot of clouds (like heaven, I guess) and I saw a lot of people I loved there. My grandma, who I never met, was there and many more people like my cousin who’s in the army, and other cousins who are in college and we can’t really see each other too much. I didn’t want the dream to end because it would be a long time before I could see any of them.

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
:D:D:D:D:D:D;D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Find the hidden ";D"

Jenna said...

1) A Powerful place that I have visited is Italy. The people there are joyful, and are full of passion. It looks like beautiful beaches, happy people, and ancient buildings. It smells like margarita pizza, fresh lemonade, and delicious gelato. When I was there I felt excited and curious to see all that Italy offers. Italy is an amazing place.
2) Mr. Tuck’s dream was that they were all in heaven and had never heard of Treegap. It made him smile. One dream that I have had that I never wanted to end was when I had a dream I could fly. When I woke up I hoped that the dream could come true.

Tessa said...

1) A “powerful” place that I went to was Florida. It was hot and humid, sometimes uncomfortable, but beautiful. The water was blue-ish, green and as warm as a bathtub! The sand was warm and soft. The beach smelled of the salty ocean. I felt really happy when I was there. It was warm, the sun was always shining and the waves crashed beautifully against the sand.
2) A dream that I had that I didn’t want to end was when I had a dream that I won $1,000,000 and bought a tropical island and lived there forever with my family and all my friends. That is a dream that I will never forget.

Josh said...

1. A powerful place that I have visited was the island Kauai in Hawaii. There were tons of beaches with beautiful palm trees and luscious forests on the mountains. The birds and wild roosters on the rode chirped a lot. I felt really safe, calm, and excited that I was on the Kauai.

2. I had a dream when I was in Hawaii with all of the beautiful sceneries and in a hotel made of all gold. At my hotel I had tons of technology and tons of food. I also had a power that I could teleport to anywhere in the world, and I went to Australia and played tennis on clay courts.

Kristina said...

1. A powerful place that I have visited is Yosemite. Everything is very so peaceful and calm. There is wildlife everywhere and it is very quiet. There are trees everywhere and sometimes you can hear animals. I felt very calm and I didn’t feel as if I were in a rush.
2. When I was little, I had a dream that I was very rich and was living in a mansion. I could have anything I ever wanted. I was having so much fun until… my mom woke me up and told me I had to go to school.

Angela =] happy bday Sean said...

1. One place that I went to that was very powerful to me was in Niagara Falls Canada. It was very beautiful and peaceful because the water would flow down, and it seemed like it would never stop. When I was there, I’d watch it carefully and I felt so relaxed there.

2. A dream that I had that made me smile was a huge place with a lot of clouds (like heaven, I guess) and I saw a lot of people I loved there. My grandma, who I never met, was there and many more people like my cousin who’s in the army, and other cousins who are in college and we can’t really see each other too much. I didn’t want the dream to end because it would be a long time before I could see any of them.

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
:D:D:D:D:D:D;D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Find the hidden “;D”

Isabella said...

1. One “powerful” place I’ve been to is probably where my mom lived when she was young, the Philippines. It is crowded, polluted air, traffic everywhere, quite poor, and very humid. The population is very big with small room of little tiny islands. Manila, the capital, is the most crowded unprotected place and dirty. The more beautiful islands are bigger more Southern islands because it is much cooler. The sounds are mostly very loud near the city areas but, very quiet near the farmland and little neighborhoods. I felt squished and needed more air.
2. One dream I had was that I won a prize to travel through the world free! I didn’t want it to end because I have never traveled around the world before. I have only gone out of the country a few times to the same place over and over. I had never traveled anywhere else.

Laura said...

1. A powerful place I have visited is Hong Kong. Hong Kong just looks like a small island off of China, with tons of buildings, restaurants, stores, apartments, and homes. When I was near the buildings all I could really hear were people speaking in Chinese, so I never really understood. When I go there I always feel a strong presence. It’s really weird, yet kind of interesting.

2. One dream I had was when I was dreaming that I had a dream. In that dream I was at Canada with everyone in my family, including my grandfather on my mom’s side (he’s passed away). Everyone was having a good time, and we were laughing and talking and having so much fun.

Evalynna who dreams said...

1. A powerful place I have visited in my life before was the beach in Half Moon Bay. It is usually pretty cold, has enormous waves, and rough sand close to the water. Along the dunes, the sand is very fine, and there are little plants sprouting out. When I’m there I can hear the waves crashing and hear the wind blowing the sand. Whenever I’m there I feel calm and excited. The waves are relaxing, because I’m so used to it. They are also exciting because of the loud crashes. The wind is very calming, because it’s usually just a slight breeze.
2. I dream I’ve had that I’ve wanted to come true is the dream of me swimming in the Olympics. In my dream I’m swimming the 200 breaststroke and winning the gold. In it I swim next to these girls I swim against in races that always beat me. But, I beat them in my dream. Whenever I start to receive my award, I wake up.  But one day I hope it will actually come true and not just be a dream. 

Adam said...

1. One place that was very powerful was Los Angles. It was very relaxing and refreshing because there were no cars on the road and it was just the right temperature.

2. One dream that made me smile was I just won the Superbowl for my team by an interception. I was then just named MVP. I was very wealthy and had a family.

Caroline said...

1. A few summers ago I went to Macchu Piccu, in Peru. It radiated power, with so many secrets untold, and the mysterious Inca/Quetchua people that live there. I could only imagine the crystal clear, sharp, mountains being inhabited by old time Peruvians, carefully crafting a wonder of the world, slowly, carefully, and artfully. The hinting smell of grass, and llamas, and dirt and in a way adventure was all over. Sometimes you go somewhere so special that you can’t even describe it, it seems unreal, picture perfect, and out of this universe. That’s how Macchu Piccu felt to me.
2. When I was little I had a dream that I was in Disneyland and had a huge bag of candy. I went on all the rides and had tons of fun. When I woke up I was really disappointed I didn’t have my candy, because I loved candy. Now I think of it I laugh and think about how much I must have loved that dream and hoped that it would never end.

Gavin said...

1. A powerful place I visited was the Sierra Nevada Mountains. I t was in the winter time so it was beautiful with white snow capped mountains. It was peaceful because the only sound I heard was the swishing of my own skis. I felt removed from the hustle and bustle of life. It felt good to be there.


2. One dream I had that made me smile was when I dreamt that it was still summer when school started.

zack$$$$penepasta said...

2 One time I had a dream were I hoped it came true. It was about I was in a minning tunnel and I found 954 dimonds and 102 big chunks of gold and that made a big smile on my face.

Alex B. future gold medalist said...

1. One powerful place that I have been to was Lake Tahoe in the winter while I was snowboarding. I could see the mountain range, the lake, the green trees and the sunset all at the same time. It looked like all the mountails where covered with brand knew snow and there was small trees. It sounded like people shredding up the snow. I did not remember what feeling I had or even if I had feelings.

2. I have had a dream that I was snowboarding. I was in the olympics in the final run of the of the snowboarding part of the year and I was just about to cross the finish line but then ... I woke up. So I will never know how it might feel to win a gold medal in the olympics.

MattG. Who knows German said...

1. One place that I felt was very cool was in Germany and it was very cool to see all of the sites in Berlin which is the capital of Germany. This was very fun to go to when They did not speak english and that is how I learend how to speak some German.

2. One time when I had a dream it was when I woke up I was outside and I was felt by the cool winter breezes which come in winter and then I got up and I was in the snow ( by the I LOVE snow a lot and to ski) and when I was walking around I saw a snowman and right then and there I knew that somebody or somthing was here with me and I knew that it would be nice. right then I woke up and it was time to go to school.

Jolene said...

1. One place I went to was on a boat in Hong Kong during Christmas time and there was Christmas lights hanging everywhere from Hong Kong to Kowloon side. It was bright and pretty with extraordinary colors from one building to another. It sounded quiet with a rush of water coming every second on the boat. I had a warm tingling feeling inside my stomach.
2. A dream that I had once was I was watching a movie that I made up in my sleep because I never seen it before. It had a really bad name in my dream and I was curious so I watched it but it was really good but when my alarm went of a bomb went of to and it stop and I woke up. I was so sad that I never finished my dream I could pay attention in school the next day.

Helen @ home said...

One of the most powerful places I have visited was in L.A. is was Venice Beach. It was very hectic with a lot of people and it reminded me a lot of the Haight. It was huge and had a lot of buildings. It was loud and a lot of people were yelling, and music in the background with barking dogs. At first i was a little scared but at the end i didn't want to leave.

I had this one dream that i became a famous dancer and i didn't want to wake up. ( I want to be a dancer when i grow up). I was sad when it didn't come true.

Luke said...

1. A powerful place I have visited is the Eiffel tower. The Eiffel tower is very tall and amazing. When your at the Eiffel tower you hear all the other tourists talking and you hear all the cars of the city. When I was there I thought it was cool and I felt like I was looking at an amazing thing.
2. I had a dream of a show on the street and it made me smile and the guy was doing all this cool stuff and I didn’t want it to end.

Alexa the athletic ;P said...

1. One place that I went to that was very powerful was Hawaii. Hawaii was powerful because their are no cars and all of the people are incredibly nice. I felt so calm because all I could hear were the soothing sounds of the ocean and the sent of wild flowers was everywhere.

2. One dream I hoped would come true is me winning the US Open, Australian Open, Roland Garros, and Wimbledon all in 2020. I've always wanted to stand up on that stage and say "I did it!"

P.S. Angela, I found the winking smilie face. Third row, seven to the left. ; )

Kelly who is from Munchin Land said...

I don’t travel much but a place that feels powerful to me would be the Sawyer Camp Trail. Not as impressive as Canada or whatnot but when I see this one part on the trail where the water is clear and shallow, reeds poke out, and deer come to feast on green grass. Every visitor seems content and at ease, children’s’ laughter ring through sunny afternoons, sparkling green blue water, crisp air, and majestic forest. One of my most favorite part about going there would be the canopy because the sunlight that gets filtered from tree leaves look gold yet humble at the same time, it reminds me to appreciate the simple things in life like trees and sunlight and how good it feels to be outside.
2. I once had a dream when I was little that the redwood tree in my backyard led to this huge room with the type of merry-go-round you find at a playground. The merry-go-round was bigger than my room and was colored in the colors of the rainbow. So in my dream there I was walking down a narrow redwood staircase with blooming vines on the railing. Once I reached the ground I noticed that the floor was cloaked in a blanket of pink bubbles two feet deep, I also saw a lever that turned on the merry-go-round.
I got on the merry-go-round shortly after I turned it on to the maximum speed. It started to spin faster and faster until everything was a blur of brown and pink. I decided to jump of into the cascade of bubbles that smelled of wild flowers. This is all I remember from my dream, considering I had this dream when I was seven or so. My dream is very … weird but that made me happy merry-go-rounds and pink bubbles. B-)

$$$Matthew like a boss$$$ said...

1. A powerful place that I’ve been before is Lanzarote. It was a very peaceful place with nice houses and all the houses had pools. It was a warm climate. Lanzarote is located 125 miles off the coast of Africa in the Atlantic Ocean. It is a volcanic island chain with tons of volcanoes. It sounds like a peaceful area of land with the sound of the ocean.

2. One time I had a dream when my soccer team was playing in a tornament when we were about to win the cup and my dream ended. I hope my dream comes true.

vasilis said...

1) A very powerful place that I went to was church. It had a lot of paintings of Jesus and people and a lot of mosaics and colored glass. It has a very enlightening but it kind of made me feel like I was being watched the whole time. It is super quite and every thing you say echos.
2) Once I had a dream that I was Kobe Bryant and it was awesome! If it came true I would b super happy because he is beastly and the best basket ball player ever.

❧ Riya ✰ said...

In Chapter 1 there is a very powerful and detailed description of a place. Think of a "powerful" place you have visited. Describe it. What does it look like? Sound like? What feeling(s) did you have when you were there?
The powerful place I’ve visited was the ocean when I was snorkeling. It was in Florida and instead of an ocean it was like a cove that opened into the ocean. The water was really clear with was really quite and there were a lot of unusual fish, that you wouldn’t normally see in the ocean. I felt really excited and intrigued but mostly interested and surprised because it was different then other places I have snorkeled. The water had a hint of blue that was really pretty but it wasn’t at all purple or green, and the water was also really clean.
PS I know it’s another snorkeling story, but I can’t help that I like snorkeling!


In Chapter 2 Mr. Tuck has a dream that makes him smile. Describe a dream that you have had that you didn't want to end or hoped would come true.
I don’t really remember my dreams so I don’t remember any of them, but sometimes I do wake up and I was having a really good dream but I forget about it as soon as I wake up.

❤Riya

Seamus said...

A powerful place I have visited was a powerful place was in Yosemite at Vernal Falls that I walked to the top it and was looking down on the huge mass of falling water. It looked like a bunch of rocks and then a lot of powerful water fall hundreds of feet and then splashing down on the rocks below, spraying water everywhere. It sounded very loud and was like a bucket of water being dumped in a pool, times 50. I felt amazed and fascinated by this wonderful place.

I remember a dream when I was about to go on Space Mountain, my favorite amusement park ride, with all my friends and I didn’t want that to end. Sadly that didn’t happen and just as I was getting on the ride, it ended.

Atessa said...

Once I went to the Hearst castle in San Simeon. It was practically made of gold. It was very beautiful. The pool had such intricate gold tiles. I was thinking that the owners must be VERY rich.

I never remember my dreams after I wake up. My mom told me one of her dreams that I woke her up from. She was in Tahoe with some of her friends. Apparently one isn’t the best cook. She cooked beef stew and my mom loved it. She didn’t want to stop eating it. Then, I woke her up. Sorry Mom!

Justin said...

A powerful place that I have visited before was Hawaii. This place was powerful to me because it is very relaxing to be there. It was relaxing by having really good food and just having fun there. Hawaii sounded only of birds and the ocean lightly crashing against the rocks.

The dream that makes Tuck smile is the dream that he was dreaming about heaven and he's never heard of Treegap. "I was having that dream again, the good one where we're all in heaven and never heard of Treegap."

I had a dream once that I had no homework for the rest of my life and had all the money that I could have and spent most of it on the things I wanted.

Kyle said...

One place that was very powerful was the basketball court when we faced our rivals. It was a big basketball court, and it smelled like sweat. It sounded like buzzers going off from the score board, and the crowd cheering. When I was there I was feeling all nervous, and excited at the same time. I thought that this place was powerful, because everything was loud, and noisy. The crowd was rough, and the other team was good.

A dream that I had that I really liked was about going to a school that was the most luxurious ever. It was pretty much a hotel, except you learned. I also had a dream that what ever I wanted, I got. I wanted a gigantic mansion, and I got it.

ben is a hen said...

1. A powerful place I have visited would probably be Nashville because I go there every winter and summer. In the city it is very special because it's called music city, and one of my hobbies is music and every time I go there we stop on every street to listen to the people, and one day we might even here them one the radio. Nashville is a very special place it sounds amazing and nobody judges anyone, everyoe is extremely nice and everyone plays music and that's what I love about Nashville. The feelings that you have in Nashville are extrordinary and theres nothing like it everywhere you go you feel a good vibe, and theres nothing better than that. Nashville is an extremely powerful place!!!!!!!!!

2. One dream that I had was that I was going skydiving through space with no gravity, so it was kind of like zero gravity space diving. I really wanted it to come true because it was soooo fun, I was just floating in the air passing Jupiter, Saturn, and Uranus. What made the dream even more fun was that during my flight I dreamed up that I had jets on my back. That's when I had the idea to go explore te other galaxy's, and guess what I found. I found a whole other place like Earth with a population too. The population were rabbits, so then I woke up, and I have never had the same dream again. :(

Derek said...

1. One place that I went to that was very powerful was Brazil because it was quiet and fun and peaceful in the city of Brazil.

2. One dream that I had that made me smile was when I hade a big TV and I would watch it all night and day and I would watch Happy Gilmore. I watched my favorite shows.

Derek said...

1. One place that I went to that was very powerful was Brazil because it was quiet and fun and peaceful in the city of Brazil.

2. One dream that I had that made me smile was when I hade a big TV and I would watch it all night and day and I would watch Happy Gilmore. I watched my favorite shows.

Charlie said...

1. A powerful place that I have visited was Australia. Everybody there is nice, and I like it because it is a rather new country. All of the architecture is modern. It is powerful because it always seems quiet and calm. I also love the food there. It is amazing!
2. One time I had a dream where I had a 200” T.V. in my bedroom. I wished that dream never ended.

Dmitry said...

1. I have visited Maui. The flowers and trees are very beautiful there. There are many hotels and a wide range of water. There are a lot of sounds there are birds chirping, you can hear the calm water, and usually you hear the ocean. I fell very clam and relaxed, and when the waves start to go really high I like to boogie board.
2. I had a dream that I was in a race car. It was really fun and what happened was there was a huge car crash but I didn’t get hurt or die. Then I went on the grass and made a smiley face.

Alex W said...

1.A powerful place that I have visited was the Caribbean because it was so peaceful and quiet. It had light blue water and white sand.


2. A dream that I had that I didn’t want to end was when I was a Major League pitcher and I threw a perfect game but it ended at the last batter

Peter^o^ said...

1.A powerful place i've visited is San Fransisco because everything is so big there that it feels really powerful so I like going there. It's really fun going there.

2. One dream I had that made me smile was when I was flying over a big field and there was a big castle that was mine. All the people that lived there were cheering and were really happy for me. It was really cool and I really liked that dream.

Grant said...

1.A powerful place I have seen is the White House it is very big and white. It is where the presidents family lives and controls the united states. It is a very popular site.

2. A happy dream I have had is me being a pro golfer and being better than anyone before. I won all the tournaments and was filthy rich. I also had a bugati I rode in. Also my house was enourmous.

Kate :):):):) said...

One very powerful place I have been to is Tanzania Africa. Although I have been to many places such as Jamaica and all over Europe And some of Asia yet I have chosen Tanzania because along with the natural beauty there are many homeless, starving, and poor people. By seeing that I felt extremely grateful for what I have.



One dream that I have had that I did not want to end was where I was a pro. gymnist. now knowing the flexible person that I am (haha I wish!!) I was very proud of myself.

Aydin said...

1. A powerful place I have visited is Paris, France. Everything was so huge there and I felt like every one of the buildings were fighting for my attention. The Eiffel Tower was enormous and almost scary. It dominated the entire city, and I could see it from all the way from the outskirts of Paris. It was noisy and slightly annoying at times, but a couple of times street performers sat around the street corners and performed songs. I felt elated and happy when I was there.
2. Once I had a very sad dream where I was being eaten by a wolf so I hope that doesn't come true.