Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Questions Chapters 3-5

Please respond to both of the questions below.

At the beginning of Chapter 3 Winnie says, "I'm tired of being looked at all the time. I want to be by myself for a change." Describe a time you felt this way, either at school or at home. Can you relate to how Winnie feels?

At the beginning of Chapter 4 Winnie is approached by a man, also known as "the man in the yellow suit". Please reread the section that describes the enounter between them. What do you think the man wants? How would you feel if you were Winnie? Would you have continued the conversation or walked away? What are your predictions/suspicions about this man?

46 comments:

Matt G. He He Ha said...

1.Yes winnie did fell like thast and I do not have a time that I wanted to be alone and I do not want ot bebecasue it is not very fun when no one is around you.

2. I think he wants to know who these people and why are they here in Treegap. I would yelled Stranger Danger and would have gotten my mom or dad. I would have walked away and gotten my parents because I did not know him or did I see him before. I think that this guy is a killer of some sort and is out to kill somone in Treegap.

Chris said...

1. A time when I wanted to be myself was when I was at a party. I had to "try my best" to be quiet and be invisible. I really wanted to socialize and talk with everybody but I kept getting shut out by other people. Like when Winnie was stuck in the formal life and wanted to be happy, I was stuck in a formal party and wanted to be happy.

2. I think that the man either knows about the Tuck's secret, or wants a place to stay because he is either a hobo or a person who got kicked out of his own house. If I was Winnie, I would feel very nervous but also sort of intrigued. I would have continued the conversation and squeezed and juiced as much information i could get.

Anonymous said...

1.I can relate to Winnie’s feelings because my mom and dad are always watching me. They want to make sure I am not wasting time. I don’t really that they are always watching me but I also think that it means they care about my life.

2.I think the man wants to speak to a man, ask some questions and tell an important thing to him. If I was in Winnie’s shoes I would be very scared because I do not know this stranger and he might be a bad guy. So I would just leave and walk away. I think this stranger wants to get information. I think he is looking for Mae Tuck, Jesse, and Miles.

Hannah said...

1.I can relate to Winnie because my mom always watches me. She wants to make sure I am not wasting time. I don’t usually like it but sometimes I like it because it tells me that she cares about my life.

2.I think that the man wants to speak with a person, ask and tell something important to that man. If I was in Winnie’s shoes I would be scared because I do not know this man so I would leave and walk away.

Evalynna who is tired said...

1. One time at school people were always really into talking about people behind their backs, so you always had to be "normal", so I couldn't be how I wanted, because I was afraid someone would talk about me. I felt pretty upset and it was as if I was in a mask and no one could see the me I usually was.
2. I think he might want to meet up with a specific person or maybe find the music that they had heard. I would feel kind of awkward, scared and thoughtful. I would feel that way, because I wouldn't know what to say, the person was a stranger so I wouldn't know his background, and I would ponder what that man was up to. I probably would've walked away because I didn't know the man and he was a stranger. (stranger danger) I suspect that man is kind of shady and is up to no good. :)

Kristina said...

1. I felt that way when I was feeling very sad or frustrated. I can also relate to how Winnie feels.

2. I would think that the man wanted an adress or a person. I wouldn't feel that scared but I would be feel a little nervous. I would have walked away from that man. He could be someone that is very dangerous. I think that he is someone that is a criminal or someone that steals or murders.
Sranger Danger!

Kate :B :( :) :h xx( said...

I felt the way Winnie did when I lost a bet with my friend where She said that we would both get into a fashion show showing spring fashions to fashion designers. I thought that Only she would because I thought I did a bad audition. Well of course we both got in and I had to go around the whole day in a hot dog suit!!. I was stared at continuously and completely embarressed!!!






The encounter between Winnie and the man was that the man was friendly yet looked kinda scary. I really have no clue what this man wants but If i had to guess than I would guess that the man wants Winnie for some reason. If i were Winnie that I would not have kept on talking to this guy because he is kinda wierd and I don't know much about him because of the lack of information he has given. I think that this man is very suspiciouse and do not know what to expect from this man.

Peter:D said...

1.Once I was really sad but I forget why, so then I just took a walk outside so I could be alone which made me feel alot better So I know why she wants to be alone.

2. The man needs something mysterious but i'm not sure exactly what it is. I would feel weird though because because I don't even know him. I would have probably left though because he might have been dangerous. I think he wants something important which he will stop at nothing to get.

Kate K. :) :) rox... heehee said...

1) A time when I wanted to be myself for a change is usually when i'm with my older cousins. I kinda can relate to Winnie.
2) I think the man wants to kid/adult-nap the family. If I was Winnie I would feel a sense of suspicion about the man and would have just said "I have to go now. Bye." So in other terms i would have just walked away. My predictions about this man is that he will be bad in the beginning and in the end is good.
(: <--- upside down smiley!

ʎǝsooƃ ʎɔnl said...

1) Someone I know at school follows me around constantly, and sometimes I just want to be alone. It is kind of annoying because the person won't let me be and give me my space!

2) The man asked Winnie many questions about her house and how long she and her family had lived there. I think the man wanted to find out more about the forest Winnie's Winnie and her family owned. I think, if I was in place, I would be very suspicious about the man because he was asking so many questions. I think I would have the conversation with him because I would want to know what he wanted, in case I would ever need to tell anyone about it, bow I would be cautious to not give away to much information. I think the man wanted to find out some information having to do with the forest because wither because it was of some value, or he wanted to buy it from them.

Isabella said...

1. Once when I felt like that was when I was little at home and taught like a little child like I was three when I was nine. I was watched over and I had to do everything with my parents. When I had a play date I couldn’t hang with my friend without some privacy. When we went to the park or out to dinner I couldn’t order my food or go up to the waiter to ask for our bill. I wanted to just yell, or run away just like Winnie, but later on I realized that they were only there to protect me and to keep me safe of strangers. Yes, I could relate to Winnie even though she is a little older at the time.
2. Possibly the man wants to find the Tuck family or something related to “forever living”. This is my thought because he was very interested in the other people living in that area besides the Fosters. He was also very interested when Winnie said “we lived here forever”. I would feel like first who is this guy, why is he talking to me, and why was he so interested in the other people or other things living around them. I would have continued the conversation just to get information on him as he is asking me questions. I think this guy has a suspicion on the Tuck family or has experienced an awkward conversation with the Tucks years ago and has finally figured out their secrets. Another theory I had was maybe this mysterious guy saw one of the Tucks years ago and thought that he saw them again and thought that was odd.

Sean??? said...

1. Once one of my friends would not leave me alone. It was like he was stalking me- I would try to leave him so he would stop following me and he would appear when I turned the corner. It was annoying, so I eventually sneaked away into the library and started reading a book.
2) The man wants something that a certain family wants, something that has to do with forever... If I were Winnie I would ask the man what he was doing there. I would not have continued the conversation. I think the man wishes to take something and uncover a family's secret.
Find the hidden N and the hidden W:
MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
MMMMMMNMMMMMMMMMMM
MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
MMMMMWMMMMMMMMMMMM
MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

Kelly said...

1.Whenever my sister goes out with her friends and I have to stay home it’s always coincidentally when my mom wants to clean the house so I have to do my sisters chores. Fun, so much fun. (I’m lying) I want to be by myself because I feel as if I’m my sister’s slave without knowing it, and my house is extra messing after having an estate sale, you would think we would have less stuff. I just want to kick back over the weekend, that’s one reason for having a weekend.
2.If I was Winnie I wouldn’t worry at first because he is so sociable but then with the odd body movements and questions I might start to be cautious. Although Winnie hasn't really been exposed to the world outside her house, so she might not really be street smart.

Celine said...

1. One time that I felt something like that was when I wanted my mom to buy me something but she wouldn't buy it. I can see why Winnie feels annoyed because it is kind of annoying when there is always someone there watching you. It sometimes makes you feel uncomfortable.

2. The reason why he was in Treegap because he wants something. If I were Winnie, I would have ignored him and walked away because I don't know who he is and he could be dangerous. My suspicions are that he is not a good guy because he was acting sort of weird.

Jenna said...

1) A time when I have felt how Winnie is feeling was when a family member of mine was telling me how I should dress. I can relate to how he is feeling because in my situation I felt like I wanted to be myself and that is how Winnie was feeling.

2) I don’t know what the man in the yellow suit wanted but if I were to guess then he probably wanted Winnie in some way. He might also want the music that they had heard. If I were Winnie then I would feel frightened because it would scare me that a stranger approached me. I would have walked away because I wouldn’t know if he was dangerous. My predictions about the man are that he is dangerous and up to no good.

Helen @ home said...

Ok I have been thinking about this question for about five minutes and I have probably felt like this before "I'm tired of being looked at all the time. I want to be by myself for a change."but right now I can't think of a time I have felt like it.
for enounter are you trying to say encounter????
I think "the man in the yellow suit'' wants someone or maybe money. If I were Winnie or in Winnie's position I might be nervous or wondering what and who his also why he is here and how might he be looking for if he is which he is. I would keep talking to him so if he was bad he wouldn't fallow me or keep asking me more questions also I would make all of the talking a fast conversation. My predictions about this man is that he has nothing good about him.


Have a nice rest of the night Mrs. TTTTTTTTT!

Gavin Who hopes adam brings cupcakes said...

1. Sometimes I feel like I can never just zone out at home, because sometimes my parents won't let me forget things. They get mad at me because I don't always remember my assignments, and it is not the best they can be. I realize that they are always looking for my bst interests.

2. I think that the man is looking for the everlasting brook. If I was Winnie I would have found out everything I could while staying at a safe distance. I predict that the man wants to exploit the everlasting pool.

Angela: Ace Attorney! said...

1) I've felt like that most of the time because I'm the youngest in my family and my parents are always hovering over me and it gets a little annoying.

2) When Winnie said "Forever" to the man's question about how long her family stayed there, it seemed like he was looking for someone who lived "forever." I would feel a little awkward being spoken to by a complete stranger and maybe a little scared. If I would continue the conversation, it would go either way because he might need something important, but I would also want to walk away since I didn't know the person. I think this person isn't evil in anyway. My guess is that the man in the yellow suit is just a wanderer and wants to find someone, some family or some THING. Simply put: The man in the yellow suit is a CURIOUS CAT!!

[PHOENIX WRIGHT SAYS:
"OBJECTION!!!!!!!!"]
And I say: "Objection, Sean! You aren't supposed to copy me!!!" D:

100 Years is a sad song...

Hannah forgot to mention something said...

I forgot to mention something for question 2:
I think that this man wants information about this family. Maybe he wants information about Mae Tuck and her family because he really took interest when Winnie said she lives her forever. He may be looking for them.

Riya said...

At the beginning of Chapter 3 Winnie says, "I'm tired of being looked at all the time. I want to be by myself for a change." Describe a time you felt this way, either at school or at home. Can you relate to how Winnie feels?
Before I had my own room I used to feel like that because everytime I wanted to be alone my sister would be in the room and since my parents were generally in the rest of the house and my sister would usually come when I went outside I felt like that.

At the beginning of Chapter 4 Winnie is approached by a man, also known as "the man in the yellow suit". Please reread the section that describes the enounter between them. What do you think the man wants? How would you feel if you were Winnie? Would you have continued the conversation or walked away? What are your predictions/suspicions about this man?
I think he wants to see Mae Tuck. I would feel a bit nervous and afraid. I would have went inside the house or hidden in a tree or bush till I could sneak into the house. I think he is a member of the Tuck family.

PS I think I know what the secret is and why it is called Tuck Everlasting!!

Anonymous said...

1)One time, I was at my aunts house for my cousins birthday. I just wanted to be alone because there were no kids there but me and my brothers and I was really bored. I had hurt my back earlier that day so it was really bothering me and I was kind of cranky because of the pain. My parents kept asking me if I was okay and I got really annoyed and just kept saying “I'm fine!”. I know my parents were just trying to take care of me, but I just wanted to be alone. I can definitely relate to how Winnie feels.
2)I think the man wants thinks there is something going on in the woods and wants to ask Winnie's family if they know something because they have lived there for a long time. I would feel kind of confused because I don't know what he wants and wouldn't know whether to feel scared or be nice to him. I would have probably kept talking to him because he seems friendly but kind of suspicious at the same time. I predict that this man will be untrustworthy in the beginning of the book but by the end of the book, he will be trustworthy and Winnie's family's friend.

Zack*******=> said...

1That has never really happened to me ive never really been looked at all the time and i'm always myself.

2 I think he wanted an address because he wants someone or he wants to stay somewhere. I'd ask him what does he want and then run. I would have walked away. Nothing.

herro im vasilis said...

1) I can relate to Winnie's situation because once my fishy did and I was really sad so I went to my room and tried to go to sleep but my sister kept coming in and throwing stuff like stuffed animals at me.
2) If I was Winnie I would yell stranger anger and run inside to my parents. I think that the man is looking for someone that he thinks could of possibly passed by Winnie's house and wants to talk to her parents to make sure if he did or not.

Seamus said...

1. I felt this way when I was in the hospital with appendicitis and sometimes people would visit me and talk to me when I just wanted to relax or get some rest. It wasn’t a very big deal, except that I had to be really polite and energetic when I was very tired while they told me stories. No, I can’t relate to Winnie because I am one of three so I don’t get too much attention, but not too little attention.

2. The conversation between “the man in the yellow suit” is when Winnie sees a man in a yellow suit and asks him what he is doing. He says he is looking for a family. Then Winnie asks him if he wants to see her father and he says yes. They are then interrupted by Winnie’s grandmother who takes Winnie away from the man by saying some music they hear is coming from elves. I think the man wants to know something that is very secretive about the forest that could be very important. I think the secret is a fountain of youth or a place where people could become immortal. I would feel curious what the man was doing there if I were Winnie, but I would feel happy also, because I had someone that I could talk to. I would be very curious which family he was looking for so I would have continued the conversation. My predictions about this man would be that is a very important part in this story and he will try to find the family he is looking for (which I think is the Tucks) and will try to find the place where you become immortal.

Rose :D said...

1)One time I felt like being alone would be after I get in a fight with my sister and I need time to cool down.I can relate to this because it stinks when people are watching you all the time.For example, when am doing something I am good at, I don't like to be watched.


-------------------------------------

Rose :D said...

1)One time I felt like being alone would be after I get in a fight with my sister and I need time to cool down.I can relate to this because it stinks when people are watching you all the time.For example, when am doing something I am good at, I don't like to be watched.


-------------------------------------

Lauren is a little bit tired tonight said...

1. A time that I felt that way was when I had a death in my family of a very close family member. I went to school the next day and everyone came up to me and started talking to me and were asking if I was okay and I just wanted to be alone and no one would respect that. Everyone kept asking and I said "yes Im okay but I just need to be alone right now" and they said "are you sure your okay?". That happens a lot when you are sad and people keep asking if your okay and you keep saying "yes" and they say "are you sure?"
I can sort of relate to how Whinnie was feeling but not entirely.
2. I think the man knows that they have lived for a long time and think they posess some sort of power. If I was Whinnie I would run away from him as far as possible and would be really scared. I would not have continued the conversation and ran away. My predictions about this man are that he is going to be the murderer in the pre-reading questions on the smart board that Mrs.Torello told us about.

Lauren is a little bit tired tonight said...

1. A time that I felt that way was when I had a death in my family of a very close family member. I went to school the next day and everyone came up to me and started talking to me and were asking if I was okay and I just wanted to be alone and no one would respect that. Everyone kept asking and I said "yes Im okay but I just need to be alone right now" and they said "are you sure your okay?". That happens a lot when you are sad and people keep asking if your okay and you keep saying "yes" and they say "are you sure?"
I can sort of relate to how Whinnie was feeling but not entirely.
2. I think the man knows that they have lived for a long time and think they posess some sort of power. If I was Whinnie I would run away from him as far as possible and would be really scared. I would not have continued the conversation and ran away. My predictions about this man are that he is going to be the murderer in the pre-reading questions on the smart board that Mrs.Torello told us about.

Rose :)teehee said...

1)One time I felt like being alone would be after I get in a fight with my sister and I need time to cool down.I can relate to this because it stinks when people are watching you all the time.For example, when am doing something I am good at, I don't like to be watched.


-----------------------------------
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^


2)I think the man wants to find out more about the Tucks, and that he wants to find out their secret. If I were Winnie, I would be very freaked out. I would also not trust this guy right away. I would have most likely walked away.I also think this man is very suspicious and that he is a good actor. I also agree with Matt G.

Kyle said...

I can't think of a specific time when I wanted to be alone, but if I was sad, I would want to be left alone. Normally, I don't want to be alone, because you can barely do anything when you are alone. Another reason why I wouldn't want to be alone, is that I would probably regret it sooner or later. If I were Winnie, I wouldn't want to run away from their house.

I think that the man wants to find out more information about Winnie's family, so he can do something bad to them like rob them, or trash their house. If I was Winnie, I would be a little nervous to see this man. I would not have continued the conversation, or walked away. I would have hid in the house right when I saw him, so I would not have to interact with him at all. I suspect that the man in the yellow suit will eventually come back to their house, and maybe murder them. I think that he also might be working for someone else that is trying to kill someone in the neighborhood.

Josh ^_^ :) ;)*_* said...

1. When I felt that I tired of being looked after was when I didn't get to go to the ave of Fridays because my parents didn't let me. The way I relate to Winnie is that she felt that she couldn't go anywhere and wanted to change and that's the way I felt too when my mom didn't let me go to the ave.

2. I think the man wants to know something that Winnie might know about. If I were in Winnie's position I would have not helped him because his is a stranger who could kidnap you. I would have walked away and found someone else to talk to the man. I predict that he is searching for immortality which I suspect is the liquid Jesse was drinking from.

Matthew say Wazzap said...

1. My dad really wants me to get my hair short but I really want it as it is. Sometimes I have given in but I did not like it. Now I can do what I want.
2. I think that the man wants to fing a home to live in because he is lonely. If I was Winnie I would be happy because she never sees very many people. I would keep talking to him

Caroline likes Tuck Everlasting said...

1)Every night my family eats dinner together, and sometimes everyone starts staring at someone. Sometime that goes on for a while and you feel exactly like Winnie. I mean how can you get away with finger eating if your parents are watching you. I mean kids just can't live that way and defy our nature.
2) I the man wants a family, but I don't know which one, the Tucks, the Fosters, or both. As Winnie I would feel scared, but curious. I am curious, but careful so if I was Winnie it would make total sense for me to do that. I might have asked who the man was and why he was here, but I probably would have walked away. I think the man won't give up until he gets what he wants. It just seems to me that this man just won't give up.

Grant said...

1. Sometimes I feel like Winnie does. Whenever my grandma's come over, they always stare at me and it's really disturbing. If I was a different person they probably wouldn't stare at me. Winnie probably feels weird too.
2. I think the man is trying to suck Winnie into his trick and then kill her. If I were Winnie I would feel suspicious. I would continue it unless it was getting dark but not make it last long. I think the stranger will kidnap Winnie.

AƬΣƧƧA said...

When I was little, my cousin would come over and lock me in my room. He wanted to watch a TV show that I wasn’t allowed to see. They had a smaller TV than ours so he would drive over all of the time. I could never walk around our house. It feels terrible!!!

The stranger is secretive and wants to find out information about tree gap. He asks lots of questions. If I was Winnie I would be very scared. I would have walked away. I think the man is after something.

You misspelled encounter Mrs. Torello!!!!!

Adam who is depressed said...

1. One time,I was at a party and I wanted to be myself. The only problem was other people would talk when I was talking. This is sort of like Winnie was stuck in formal life and wanted to be happy.

2. I think he wants to know the people of Treegap and find out about the water. I would have ran back inside, lock the door, ask my mom who it is, and then hide in my room with a weapon if he try's to rob my house. I think he wants to take all of the special living water and cut down the whole entire forest.

I CAN'T BRING THE CUPCAKES BECAUSE, MY MOM HAS AN APPOINTMENT!!! I AM SOOOOOOOOOOO SAD. :( :( :( :( :( :(

Dori said...

1) I don’t like being like everybody else i like being my own person, because that what make me feel good. I think Winnie feels that she want to be different for a change.

2) I think the man in the yellow suit knows something about there family, or he some kind of psychic that know the future. if I was Winnie I would be really freaked out and probably run back home. I wouldn’t walk away I would runaway as fast as I could. I think this man is possessed with a secret or something close.

Alexa the tennis player said...

1. I can't think of a time where I got sick of being looked after.
2. I think the man wants to find the Tucks. I would feel scared and would run and get one of my parents. I would have walked away because I don't know him. I think the man is going to kill someone sooner or later in the story.

Aydin said...

1. I felt that way when I was at a party for a really long time and I had to act perfect for everyone and it got really boring and annoying and I felt like I was going to go crazy if I had to stand arou8nd in my tuxedo much longer. I was so happy when we left and I can really relate to how Winnie feels.

2. I think the man wants to the eternal life spring because that will make him immortal. I think it's a bad idea because it is more of a curse to be forced to stay alive forever. I would feel awkward and scared if I were talking to the man and I would definitely tell him to go away. I would have walked away after that. I am suspicious that he will kill someone and try to sell the eternal life spring.

Alex B. † said...

1. Yes Winnie did feel like that and I don't have a time I can remember that I wanted to be alone, also being alone is not that fun and a little boring when no one is around.
2.I think he wants to know them and why they are in Treegap. I would either run away or start beating him with a stick. I would have done that because I don't know him and I'm not sure I would want to know him.

luke said...

1. I felt this way when my whole family was home and we were setting up for a party and I had to stay and help set up. I felt like I was a pet and could only do stuff under surveillance.
2. I think the man wants to make a deal with the family. If I were Winnie I would be scare but I would stay and talk to the man. I think this man will cause a lot of problems for the family.

Dmitry said...

1. When I tore my acl and I had to wear a brace. It looks really weird and is embarrassing. Everybody looked at me like what’s wrong with him. It also bulges my knee out so it looks really weird. Winnie doesn’t like people looking at her, like me I don’t like people looking at me.
2. I think the man wants to know what’s wrong about her and what’s her secret. I would feel kind of strange talking to a stranger. I would also feel not very safe around the stranger. I would have walked away, I would definitely walk right away. I think this man is on to whatever secret she has and he wants the secret.

Laura said...

1. A time I felt this way was when I was really mad at my parents. Yes I can relate to Winnie.
2. I think he wants to own the woods that the Foster's own. If I were Winnie I would be scared. I would've walked away. I would think he is sort of an evil man that is up to no good.

DEREK$ said...

1.Yes winnie did fell like thast and I do not have a when i wanted to be by my self.

2. I think he wants to know who these people and why are they here in Treegap. I would yelled storanger danger outloud.I would have go to get my dad top see who that stranger is or was that came to treeegap.

Alex W said...

1. My brothers kept annoying me and I couldn't get some quiet and I got mad

2. I think he wanted to meet the father of the house and know what the elves were about.

Charlie said...

1. My parents are always watching over me, so I can relate to how winnie feel.
2. I think the man wants to kidnap winnie. If I was Winnie I would be very scared. I wouldn't continue the conversation or walk away, I would run away. I think that this man is going to follow Winnie and find out about the water that makes you live forever.