Please respond to all of the questions below by Wednesday before school:
1. Winnie made a decision not to drink from the spring. This meant that she would continue aging and eventually die. Do you agree or disagree with her decision? Please explain your answer.
2. What do you think of the book "Tuck Everlasting"? What was your favorite book that we read as a class this year? What did you enjoy about it?
3. Did you enjoy blogging this year? What did you like about it as an alternative to writing out the answers to questions on papter? Please explain your answers.
I have truly enjoyed teaching all of you this year! You are a wonderful, energetic group! Please stop by and visit next year, and I hope to teach many of you again in
8th grade! Love and best wishes, Mrs. Torello
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
45 comments:
I do agree with Winnies decision to drink from the spring because although I would not make this decision for myself It was her decision and she most likely made this decision for a reason.
I did not like this book because it was extremely hard to follow and a dreaded every moment that I read of this. I sound very harsh yet I just was not a big fan. my favorate book we read this year was freak the mighty because I loved doing the play and stuff like that.
I did like blogging this year because I like things new and different this year.
1. I completely agree with Winnie’s decision because I would not want to live forever.
2. I did not like the book because I did not get it. My favorite book I read this year was THE CAY.I liked it because it made a lot of scene.
3. I enjoyed blogging this year. I liked it over writing because I don't like to write.
1) I agree with her because she would not have died if she drank the water. eventually she would die like every thing else in the world.
2)I thought the book was a great book to read at the end of school year because it had a great adventure.
3) I though blogging was great to do all of this school year because it is on the computer.
1. I do agree with Winnie’s decision because it is part of life and part of our human system to live and die. It would be cool to live forever but we all die. As what was said of Miles in the book that if no one died there wouldn’t be room for new things we would all be squished on earth. I thought that Winnie’s decision was the right one. Living and dying is all part of the adventure.
2. I enjoyed Tuck everlasting, it wasn’t the best, but I did like it. It had suspense and the story kept me going on the adventure. There were many suspicions, mysteries, and secrets hidden in the story. I thought it was really well written especially the descriptions I could almost picture everything they described in the book. The best book we read this year I would have to say The Cay, because it was adventurous, suspenseful, and it really taught me about different things that relate to thing in the real world. Examples would be like friendship and racism that some people have trouble with even today.
3. I really loved blogging it was way more fun and much faster. It was also easier and less mess to take care of all the papers. I thought this was a cool and different way of doing this and I thought it spectacular.
--Sorry, I couldn’t be there today, I’ve got a bad respiratory infection, but I can’t wait until tomorrow! I enjoyed blogging and hope to do it again!---
1. I disagree with Winnie's decision to not drink from the fountain because now she wont live up to the her promise.
2. I liked the book "Tuck Everlasting" because I thought that it was sweet how Winnie and Jesse feel in love at first sight. My favorite book that we have read this year is "Boy of the Painted Cave" because I love how he was following his dream of becoming a cave painter.
3. I loved blogging this year because it's fun and doesn't take as long as writing everything out. Also, it has helped me type faster and more accurate. I liked this as an alternative to writing because I have never enjoyed writing and it taking such a long time.
P.S. I can't wait until summer!!! 5 more days!!!!!!!!!!!!
1 I agree. I agree because if you drink the spring water you will live foever and do as much as you want to do.
2 It was really bad and it was kind of boring. I liked the Cay the best because it was an adventerous story.
3 It was fun but it got annoying after we did it three times.Its easier to type than write.
I agree with her decision, because I would not like to live forever. I won't like to live forever, because it won't be any fun to be the only one left from my friends.
I thought that Tuck Everlasting was not the best or worst book we have read this year, because it was very confusing. My favorite book that we have read this year is Boy of the Painted Cave. I liked this book, because it was really exciting, and it related to our social studies topic at the time, which was early humans.
I enjoyed blogging this year, because we could compare our answers with other peoples answers after we finished with our own. With paper, we couldn't compare with other people, and we would have to use more paper.
1. I agree with Winnie's decision because if you live forever you might eventually get bored and want to die.
2. I liked the book Tuck Everlasting because the imagination was really interesting. My favorite book was The Cay because well actually I'm not sure why but it was my favorite. I also kind of liked Freak the Mighty.
3. I did enjoy blogging this year, I thought it was a really good idea. I think it was nice to see what other people thought or answered. I think you should do this for the upcoming 6th graders.
1) I agree with Winnies decision because dieing is part of the life cycle.
2) I thought the book was good. It was also very interesting. This probably was my favorite book we read this year. I enjoyed everything about it. I thought it was kind of like a mystery and I like that.
3)Yes, I enjoyed blogging this year. I like blogging more than just writing it down because this gives us practice with computers and stuff.
1. one I do not agree with her because I think that it would be cool if I could live forever. I would do all of the stuff that i would never had done in my non-lastiing life. it would also be cool because i would get to see more of the world in one lifetime.
2. I think that it did not make a lot of sense in the frist part ,but if you read it a lot then it seemed O.K. Overall I think that i did like the book ,but i wish that it was longer than it was because the auther could have explained it better over a long book. i think that this book was a good book for a 6th grade class to read.
3. I think that this is a lot better than writing because I like to use the computer mire than writing. It was fun to do what I am doing right now.
1. I disagree with her decision, because she could travel the world, be with Jesse and be a daredevil and not have to worry about her safety as much as someone else who couldn't live forever.
2. I think this was a very sweet book. My favorite book this year was Freak the Mighty. I liked how they cared about each other so much and how they were both so imaginative.
3. Yes, I totally enjoyed blogging this year! :) I liked it because, sometimes writing can be boring, but when your typing its more fun. And, being on the computer in general is usually fun.
1) I disagree because, in these case only, she loved Jesse and if she had drunk from the spring she would have been able to live forever with Jesse.
2) I loved Tuck Everlasting. I liked it because it was exciting and because it intertwined all of the characters' stories and lives together even if it seemed like they had nothing in common. This was my favorite book we read this year!!!
3) i loved blogging! I enjoyed it because it gave us a chance to share our answers with the whole class, use the computer, which is always good, and it was easier than writing the answers out, like Helen said.
PS: I HAVE A HORNETS' NEST IN MY BACKYARD!!!! MY DOG GOT STUNG ON THE BUTT BY ONE!!! =P
1. I disagree because I would want to live forever and see everything that would happen even in the future. Also, I would not have to worry about dying when I fall or get severely injured.
2. I thought the book wasn't bad because it was interesting and had a good story. My favorite book I read this year would be The Cay because I thought the it had a very interesting problem and it encouraged me to read on and finish the book.
3. I enjoyed blogging this year because I don't like writing and writing takes a long time compared to just typing everything on a computer.
1) I agree with her decision but I wish that I could see the future then decide.
2) I liked the book Tuck Everlasting I wish the man in the suit had gotten the spring water though. I liked Tuck Everlasting because it had the best plot and story.
3) I enjoyed blogging because it was really new and I think it really added alot to the books we read. I hate writing out answers to question so this was a relief.
P.s. I'm won't be here when you read this so Hi!
Mrs. Torello Read this on Wensday:
Here is your question of the day?
What is your favorite book author?
1. I think it is fair for her not to drink from the spring if no one else is allowed to but it’s kind of not fair to Jesse.
2. I think Tuck Everlasting was an interesting book. This was not my favorite book out of the three we read. I enjoyed the parts when Winnie is talking to the Toad.
3. I enjoyed blogging this year and I had never done school work like this before. I like blogging instead of writing the answers down because we get to use technology.
I agree with her discision because it would be kind of bad to live forever and never die because it would get boring and you couldn't make friends because they would get suspicious if you would never age. I agree with her discision. I thought it was a very good book and it was my favorite book because it had a very good plot. I enjoyed blogging instead of writing it down because we write so much in school so I like this instead.
1)I kind of agree but kind of disagree. I agree with her decision because I would not want to live forever. I disagree with her decision because she liked Jesse and he told her to wait until she was seventeen and then drink the water from the spring that he put into the little bottle. Instead, Winnie used all of the water on the toad so that it could live forever.
2)At first, I didn't really understand the book very well but by the end of it, I liked it a lot. So, overall I thought it was a pretty good book. My favorite book that we read this year would have to be The Cay. I liked this book because it was always really interesting and you kept wanting to read more of this book.
3)Yes, I did like blogging this year. I liked it better than writing because I wouldn't want to write out all of the answers because some of them are longer than others. Also, I am a faster typer than I am a writer.
P.S. This was a really fun year in english!! You were an awesome teacher Mrs. Torello!! I will visit you next year!! :)
1. I agree with her decision. She saw how much the Tucks were and were very sad about living forever. Even Miles missed his children because his wife left him.
2. I liked Tuck Everlasting. I liked the Boy of the Painted Cave and The Cay. Iliked the adventure the books had.
3. Yes, I enjoyed blogging this year. I have a lot of time on my hands. I like typing better because it is more faster in my opinion.
1. I think that this is the right choice because the wheel rotates around eventually and I think that Winnie didn't want to get kicked of that wheel and live a life knowing she can live forever.
2. I thought Tuck Everlasting was a good book but my FAVORITE book was definitely The Cay. I thought that book was good because it has stuff for everyone, friendship, action, and endurance.
3. I LOVED to blog because I don't really like to write on paper, also when I type I don't have to worry about handwriting issues one more thing is that I tend to write in complete sentences. I HIGHLY recommend blogging to upcoming 6th graders!
1) I definitely agree with Winnie's decision because I think it would be a bad decision to be immortal. If somebody did live forever they could change our world in positive and negative ways but I would not want to take a chance with the negative outcomes that would go with it.
2) I think the book "Tuck Everlasting" was a good book. It kept my interest throughout the story with interesting events. My favorite book that we have read this year is by far The Cay by Theodore Taylor. I thought it was an amazing book and I would definitely recommend it. I enjoyed the adventure and relationship between Timothy and Phillip.
3) I LOVED blogging this year! I liked it better than just writing answers on paper because I liked to see what other people wrote if I had any confusions about the book and that really helped. I think this is a great way to show your comprehension on a book.
1) I agree with her decision because then she could experience aging and dieing and also feeling pain and happiness unlike the Tucks who can't get hurt or die.
2) My favorite book was probably The Cay because the The Cay was easier to understand and The Cay also seemed more detailed and longer.
3) I really enjoyed blogging because it takes less time than writing and I feel like I can blog faster than writing. In addition to that comparing it to a piece of paper and a pencil the blogging would win by a mile because writing on the paper is harder to make neat.
1. I would agree with Winnie not to drink from the spring because I would not want to live forever I would just want to be normal. There are some disadvantages to living for ever too. You would stay the same age forever and you could never find any friends because they would get older and you wouldn't really be in the same stage as your friends. People would say your not maturing and you just wouldn't be living a normal life.
2. My favorite book we read this year probably had to be the Cay. Although i also enjoyed the Boy in the Painted Cave. I have to say Tuck Everlasting was not one of my favorite books. I liked that the Cay was full of adventure which I am all about.
3. I enjoyed blogging this year very much and it was a great alternative to writing on paper. I like blogging because it's not simple and it's creative and makes learning and writing about books fun. These are examples of some of the fun things that happen at Crocker.
1. I would of done the same thing because death is a sweet ending from old age, but we need old age to grow wise and become grandparents. It sure would be odd if you looked like your child’s own child and give advice to your child. Being at a ripe old age isn’t all bad because it slowly gets you ready for death or because it’ll make you want to die, which isn’t really bad if you are at the right age or diseased.
2. I enjoyed reading all the books, Boy of the Painted Cave had a plot that was original mixed with some familiar elements like befriending animals and wise old men. The Cay was excellent because the themes it expresses like racism and how someone like Phillip could evolve from an ignorant highly prejudice boy to a race loving mature young man. What I liked about Tuck Everlasting would be the writing style. I just love how Natalie Babbitt uses the words to create a highly colorful and detailed world and how it infects its readers with a desire to read on until they finish the book.
3. Blogging this year was a pleasure the funny thing is that it seems when ever I blog the words just flow from my mind and onto the computer screen. It’s better than writing the answer because if you lose the paper you wrote there consequences but if you were blogging all you have to do is save it on the computer. I also like blogging partly because it gives me an opportunity to practice my disgustingly bad typing skill and partly because l can kick my dad off the computer with a more believable accuse.
1)I agree with Winnie's decision because even though living forever sounds good, it would be bad because you would see people die and get older and it would just be depressing.
2) My favorite book to read was definitely freak the mighty because it was just a awesome book. I also liked the fact that we got to do a play and I thought that was fun too.
3)I liked blogging a LOT this year because it was a new experience and I think that questions on a piece of paper are just plain BORING. I'm glad I got this experience.
PS while i was baking i burned my thumb and now i have a blister that HURTS when i take it out of ice water. :( boohoo
1. I agree with Winnie's reasoning, because she understood that immortality was a curse. Even though the Tucks might have wanted her to become immortal, they knew the right thing would be to let her lead a natural life so that she wouldn't be stuck with a unforgivable curse.
2. I loved all the books we read this year, they were all truly special, but I loved "Freak the mighty" the best. This story was very touching, becauseit shows the importance of friendship and the true meaning of loss. It, was bittersweet, touching, and made understand how it is really hard for some little people who could potentially perish.
3. I really enjoyed blogging, because we got to see what others have to say, and it was new and fun. I think that blogging is a great alternative to writing on paper and next year's sixth graders would enjoy it.
Thanks for being a great English teacher and making this a great year!
Also since this is English class I'm going to point out hat you spelled paper wrong.
Well, this concludes my last blog post of the year.
Bye everybody, you were the best English Class EVER!!!!!!!
BYE! SEE YA NEXT YEAR !!!!
1. I agree with Winnie's decision because even if she changed her mind she knows where the spring is so she could always get more and drink it. Also because if I did live forever I would be sad really sad when my parents died inside I know that would never happen to me.
2. I really liked the plot of the story. The book was very interesting and creative. my favorite character of the book was the man in the yellow siut because he was a interesting and descriptive man. My favorite book in this year's English class was this book," Tuck Everlasting". I liked this book because it tells of a story that is very(Oh what's the word???) IT MAKES YOU THINK.
3. I think that blogging was okay this year but I did not really that since I am a slow typer but I want to say so much it takes a long time for me to do this. I think that writing it on a piece of paper would be better and faster.
Thank you for a wonderful, amazing year teaching us 6th grade English. I learned so much. I hope that your daughters graduation is going well!!!
1. I agree with Winnie's decision to not drink from the spring because, if you lived forever you would get bored really bored.
2. I did not care for Tuck Everlasting, I thought it wasn't nearly as good as the other books we read as a class. My favorite book that we read this year was Boy of The Painted Cave. I enjoyed the vivid descriptions in the book.
3. I thought blogging this year was awesome! I liked it as an alternative to writing out the answers to questions on paper because I can blog from my phone and it saves trees because you don't have to use paper.
1. I completely agree with Winnie's decision to not drink the water. Not aging would be nice, but eventually everyone has to move on. Living forever is a curse in disguise, the more you think about it the worse it sounds.
2. Tuck Everlasting was my favorite book this year, although it was still short. I thought that was a good book that taught the best lesson. Somehow for me it was more intriguing and exciting than the Cay, which is surprising. I enjoyed every part with the toad in to because he was like a comic relief. Even though he never spoke a single word he was my favorite character in the entire book.
3. I enjoyed blogging this year and preferred it to writing down answers to questions on paper because we can look at each other's posts and see what everyone said.
LAST BLOG!!!
1. I think that she shouldn't have drank the water. So I agree with her because she has a chance to live a full life to live.
2. I like the book because I totally got it after I read half the book but towards the middle and the beginning I didn't get it. My favorite book was The Cay because I just liked the adventurous parts of the book.
3. I did because it's better than doing anything else. I liked it because it got us a chance to say what we need to say.
Sorry about putting my name only on the blog.
1) I agree with Winnie. I wouldn't want to live forever because eventually doing the same thing over and over would get boring.
2) I think this book was kind of hard to follow. My favorite book we read this year was The Cay.
3)I did like blogging because writing is boring and not as fun as blogging has been.
1. I dont agree with Winnie's decision because I would love to see what happpens to the world.
2. I thought the book was ok but I did not understand everything but my favorite book was BOTPC because it shows one kid and a wolf surviving on their own.
3. I had fun blogging this year. It is way better than writting because it is eaasier for me to type then write.
I might have drunk from the spring. There are many up and down sides of having eternal life. You would be an outcast and watch people go through their entire life if you lived forever. If you didn’t live forever you would age and die.
I liked the book Tuck Everlasting. It’s a little bit confusing. My favorite book we read this year was Tuck Everlasting. I liked it because there was an interesting plot.
I enjoyed blogging because it was more fun than other homework. I enjoyed it more than writing them down on paper because I do not enjoy writing. Blogging is also fun.
Ps. I think you misspelled paper. You wrote papter.
Pps. YOUR WELCOME!!!!!!
1. Winnie made a decision not to drink from the spring. This meant that she would continue aging and eventually die. Do you agree or disagree with her decision? Please explain your answer.
I agree because it maybe not be something I would like and it goes against the natural order of things
2. What do you think of the book "Tuck Everlasting"? What was your favorite book that we read as a class this year? What did you enjoy about it?
I think it was good and it was the best out of the books we have read although I liked Freak t Mighty about the same
3. Did you enjoy blogging this year? What did you like about it as an alternative to writing out the answers to questions on papter? Please explain your answers.
Yes. I liked that we could do it quickly at home without wasting paper and all we needed was a computer because we didn't have to have neat handwriting or keep papers orginiazed
1. I disagree with that decision because I would rather live forever than not and die. Also another reason is you can do everything you want in the world.
2. I thought it was really good it was mysterious at first but then I figured it out and it was really cool. I thought that the Cay was the best because it was very adventures and exciting.
3. I really enjoyed blogging this year. It was fun and I love to do anything on computers. I love typing more than writing.
1. I agree with her decision because that would cause her to have all the bad things Tuck mentioned to happen to her.
2. "Tuck Everlasting" is a good book. My favorite, however, is "The Cay". I like The Cay because it is about a black man and a white boy that learn to get along and survive on the uncharted cay.
3. I enjoyed blogging this year because it is a lot more fun than writing out the answers. Why? Because of a thing called..., WRITER'S CRAMP!!!!!!!!!!!! Also, blogging takes less time. As an alternative it is better because it is fun for everyone in the class to see what you wrote and comment... about... it... Dun dun dun!
???????????????????????????????????????????????????????
???????????????????????????????????????????????????????
???????????????????????????????????????????????????????
???????????????????????????????????????????????????pie
1. I don’t know what I would do. I would probably think about for a long time, and then decide. I would probably drink the water because it would be cool to see the world and to see it change.
2. I thought Tuck Everlasting was as pretty good book. It was a little confusing at times, but it was a good book overall. My favorite book we read all year was probably The Boy in the Painted Cave because it had the most action and suspense. Enjoyed the suspense, the action, and the time period. The time period was cool because it had wooly mammoths and people believed in spirits and things like that.
3. I liked blogging a lot more than written homework because it is cool being able to see other peoples work and disagreeing with them and sharing your ideas, thoughts, and predictions. Plus, you don’t need a textbook and you don’t have to worry about having to put it in your backpack.
1) I disagree with the decision since her family either bored her or got her annoyed and the Tucks were her perfect family. I think that she should have drank the water since she would've been with the people she loved forever.
2) Tuck Everlasting was an amazing book, and the grammar was just fabulous! Hehe. My favorite book was probably Freak the Mighty or this book, Tuck Everlasting. I liked Tuck Everlasting because of the way it was written and Freak the Mighty because of the betrayals and friendships.
3) I really liked blogging, and I really don't like papter, because if we wrote on papter/paper, we would be wasting trees. D: (Ahem. Paper.) Blogging is being greeeen!!!!
BUMPER CAWWWWRSSS!!!!
...Imagine. What if there were Bumper Cows? THAT'D BE AMAZING!!!
-Soon-to-be (maybe not soon, but still...) author.
1. I think that she should have waited a little while longer like 5 years and then drink from the water so that she can be with the Tucks forever because I think that she truely loved the Tucks. 2. I thought Tuck Everlasting was just ok, and I think the movie was a hundred times better than the book, it just got super boring. My favorite book was probably The Cay. It was just very heartfelt nd it really made my emotions come out. That's what I loved about it. 3. I always enjoy blogging I just think think thats its really fun and I like the feeling that people can read what you are saying. :) Oh My Gosh it was so much better than writing it on a pice of paper to be honest that would have been dreadful!!!!!!
THANK YU FOR BEING THE BEST TEACHER EVER AND THIS IS THE LAST TIME IM GONNA SAY I LOVE BURRITOS ON MY FINAL BLOG OMG NOW IM CRYING YOU GUS BETTER CHEER ME UP AT SCHOOL TOMOROW I DONT WANT THIS YEAR TO END BOOOOOHOOOOBOOOOHOOOO
1. I agree with this decision because as Tuck said you can't live with dying or something like that. I agree with this because she doesn't really love Jesse if se gets married to someone else later. If she didn't really love him than she shouldn't ever drink the magic spring water
2. I really like the book "Tuck Everlasting", it was really interesting and really good. My favorite book this year HAS to be "Freak the Mighty." I absolutely loved this book, because it was very very very interesting. Also I loved doing the play of it. It was really fun even though I had a really minor part in it.
3. I really enjoyed blogging this year. It was fun because it was online and we didn't have to write anything down, also I've never had blogging for homework so it was really something different.
I'M SOOOO SAD THAT THIS IS THE LAST BLOG OF SIXTH GRADE AND THE YEAR!!!!! :'(
I think that if Winnie loved Jesse so much that she should have drank from the spring but if she didn't it was the absolute worst decision of her life.
I loved this book because it was challenging, suspesful, mysterious, and it involved a lot of fantasy and my favorite object, an immortal spring.
I loved blogging because it made me feel that I was actually a techy person and knew what I was doing.
Thanks Mrs. Torello for a great blogging-filled year!!!!!! Have a great summer everyone!!!!!
1. I disagree. I would definitely drink the water. Why would you want to die?
2.I didn't like Tuck Everlasting that much. I like Boy of the Painted Cave. That was very interesting and made you want to read more.
3. Blogging is great. I like it a lot more than paper because I think it's a lot easier.
1. I do agree with Winnies decision to not drink from the spring I would make this decision because i think that life would be boring because you would be the same age forever.
2. I liked the book but it was not my favoirite book. I enjoyed how you had to think a lot about it.
3. I enjoyed blogging thisd year because i have always liked computers. I like typing more than writing and i feel like i can think better.
1. I disagree because, I would wait until Im 20-29 so I can drive a car, be young at a good age, and much much more.
2. I sort of liked the book because, you had to read every single page to understand the book.
3. I enjoyed blogging this year.
Post a Comment