Please answer the questions below.
As you read the Tuck's story and what would happen if a person drank from the stream you undoubtedly had many thoughts and questions.
1. What is one thought you had?
2. What do you think it would be like to live forever on earth and never die? What would be some advantages of living forever? What are some disadvantages?
3. If you could pick one age to stay at forever what would it be? Explain your thinking.
Wednesday, June 2, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
44 comments:
1. One thought that I would have is would the effects ever wear off? I would wonder this because I bet that everything eventually ends even immortality, unless you're a god.
2. I think that it would be ok being able to live forever because I would get to see the world developing and getting better and I would also like it because i would not have the fear of death. I wouldn't like it because I would eventually think in about 200-300 years i would get bored and do all of the things that i would have wanted to do.
3. If I could stay one age forever I would probably be 33 or 34 because I would be experienced at driving, it would be a good age to start a family i would not be totally into drinking, and I wouldn't have and pains like I would when I get older.
1) A thought that I had was if someone drank from the stream they would be immortal and tell everyone which would lead to everybody being immortal. This would not be good because then the population of the Earth would be to much.
2) If I were to live forever that life would be very boring because your friends wouldn't be immortal and die and you won't have any friends. Some advantages of living forever are seeing what is going to come next in the future. Another advantage is you get to see different islands that emerge from the sea.
3) If I were to pick one age to live forever as I would pick 15 because that is when you are the strongest and healthiest. You are also much smarter then and not very forgetful.
1. One thought that I had was: How the spring was actually made?
2. I think it would be kind of interesting, because then I could see how the world changed over time. Some advantages would be that if I got hurt I would be okay, I would have a lot of time to do things and would never have to buy a bigger size in clothes and shoes!!! ;) Some of the disadvantages might be that if I had kids then they would look older than me and it might seem that they were my parents, everyone in my generation would grow old and I would be different and if I had troubles with the police and they put me in jail, I would have to suffer for a really long time.
3. Probably old like 65 and up. I would want to be this age, because I would've lived life and it wouldn't be as weird as if I had grandchildren and I looked like a 30 year old.
1. What is one thought you had?
What do you mean in this question???
2. What do you think it would be like to live forever on earth and never die? What would be some advantages of living forever? What are some disadvantages?
I think it would be hard to live forever depending on your life stile. some advantages for lining forever is doing almost what ever you want and you never run out of time. Also you can go around the world see all the new inventions meet more people become famous for some but some disadvantages are living through all the wars and distructions that happened like the San Fran earthquake.
3. If you could pick one age to stay at forever what would it be? Explain your thinking.
If I could live at one age forever I would probably go with the age 21 because you are not a child any more but you don't have to act like and adult you can still have fun. " in less you're Mrs. T. you are always fun lol"
1. One thought l had was why did the stream make you have undoubtedly many thoughts and questions.
2. I think it would be exciting to live on earth forever and never die because you would be able to witness a time that would go down in history. I think some disadvantages would not being able to know what would happen to people who did die.
3. If I could pick on age to stay forever I think it would be 2 because 2 is my favorite number and when I was 2 I had a good year. I could talk,like telling people what I liked and what I didn't like. There was no school with no homework, so I had a fun for all day.
1) Well at the beginning, before it didn't tell us why Winnie couldn't drink from the stream. I was thinking about why she could not drink from it.
2) To live forever and never die would be really cool. One advantage of living forever is seeing what changes are made in the world as it gets older. One bad thing is that all of your friends would die while your still alive. So you would be lonely.
3) If I could stay at one age I would be 30 because by then I will have a husband and kids...hopefully!
1. One thought that I had was that it is amazing that the bullet could go completely through them after they drink from the stream.
2. I think that living on earth and never dying would be sort of a good thing because you get to have a lot expiriences that you might eventually get to old to do before you can try it. Some advantages would be that you get to see what happens to the world over time and as I said you can try a lot more things, also if you try to steal something and they have a gun if they shoot you they cant kill you. Some disadvanteges are that if you are a certain age younger than you want to be you are stuck like that.
3. If I could pick a age to stay at forever it would be 21 because you can do just about everything at that age.
1)A thought that I had during this section of the book was, WOW! I didn't expect all of that to happen so suddenly!!I thought that when Winnie went into the wood that she would just wander about and then go home, but I had no idea that she would get kidnapped and would hear the story of the stream.
2)To live on earth and never die would be pretty cool! You would have all the time in the world and get to see everything that earth has to offer without ever aging!An advantage of never dieing would be, never aging. If someone lived forever, they wouldn't have to be afraid of getting old! A disadvantage of living forever is, you wouldn't have any friends. All your friends would eventually die and then you would be all alone until the next generation came.
3) If I could pick one age to stay at forever, it would probably have to be around age 20-25. I would want to live forever at this age because it is a time when you can still have fun but still be an adult.
I thought the tucks were very brave to have done so much. They were willing to try and kill themselves to see if they had eternal life.
I think it would be scary to live forever as well as a blessing. Some advantages of living forever are being able to make plans decades in the future. Some disadvantages are seeing your other family members and friends die because they won’t live forever too.
If I could stay at one age forever it would be 26 because you are not so little that people treat you lie you are five but not so old that you wish you were younger. It is right in the middle.
1) For a person who drank form the stream, would they consider it a good thing that they never grew old, or a bad thing?
2) I think it would be good to never die, because you would be able to see how the world changes over many, many years. It is a bad thing because you will see your loved ones die and you will never experience the joy of growing older and doing new things only older people can do.
3) I think I would want to stay at age 27 because I would still be young and healthy, but I would also be able to get a job, have a family, and enjoy life.
1) My main thought was, What if the potion got to some evil ruler like Hitler.
2) I think that when you first think about it, it would be pretty cool to livew forever. A good thing about living forever is that instead of staying young at heart you would stay young in body, always pretty and never getting wrinkles. Abad thing is that you would have to live until the world ended, that would be very unpleasent.
3) If I could pick one age to live forever, it would be 30 because you are still young enough to be active, but also old enough that you are wise enough to live forever.
1. One thought I had was more of a question. Was Winnie going to believe and trust the Tucks? I mean that would be something that everyone would have to think about, am I going to believe these people or not. Winnie was hesitant and kept on questioning the Tuck's story, but eventually gave in.
2.Immortality, or living for ever could be fun,boring, or both. I think it might be fun, but it might not. Some advantages are traveling the world and not having to worry about dieing if you like to be a dare devil. disadvantages are things such as, watching the earth get polluted and weathered away,watching loved ones die, and being bored.
3. I f I could be at one a age have live forever I would pick an age when I'm old enough so that I wouldn't stand out, but I wouldn't be to old to be quick and agile.
1. What is one thought you had?
I had pretty much figured it out when they talked about how Mae Tuck and her family's reflections had looked the same for 87 years so the only thought that really came to mind was "I knew it!"
2. What do you think it would be like to live forever on earth and never die? What would be some advantages of living forever? What are some disadvantages?
I think it could be fun but it could get boring and it would be hard to keep the secret. You would be able to know about the past and would be able to watch the world change, but you could miss out on parts of your life and couldn't have any friends.
PS Ugh!! I just poofed my address (URL) bar while I was typing! Nooooooooooooooo! Luckily I know how to fix it.
1)One thought that i had was they should have not drank from the strem.
2)I think that it would be ok being able to live for ever so i can do every thing all day and never die and live till cars can fly and they have robots.
3)If I could stay one age forever I would probably be 30-40 because i can drive and do alot of fun stuff i i was that age .
1. One thought I had was how long it would keep up and if there is any way to murder a person who drank from that particular stream. It possibly can work for only a period time because if you keep living it is almost impossible, on the outside you might not seem any difference but you know inside that you’re practically immortal.
2. I think it would be cool to live forever at the first few years but after awhile it could get boring after seeing the same things. I can see both sides but you could compare a lot of things at that amount of time. There would definitely be different technology and different styles and you could compare from the past how it was back then.
3. If I could pick one age it would probably be 21 because you could have all the abilities of an adult and graduated college already, and have all the information you need in surviving. At the same time you look young and stay young and you wouldn’t have to worry about medicines or getting more brittle as you get older.
1. A thing that I wounder is if the spring is still there, because if it still is then why don'd they take Winnie Foster along.
2.It would be cool at first but it would start to get a little boring. Some advantages of living forever is you coulg be a soilder and you could never die. I disadvantage is that you might go insane trying to kill yourself.
3. If i could stay one age it would be 12 because I like being twelveand i would not be to old. I also think life is more exciting when you are young.
1. One thought I had was that it would be very interesting living forever. I thought this because I would like to see all of he important things happen and see technology progress, but it would very lonely and sad because you would see everyone you live die.
2. I think it would be very interesting to live forever, but it would also be very sad as I just explained. I would not want to live forever; I would just want to live a longer life. Some of the advantages of living forever would be that you see very interesting things like technology progress. Some of the disadvantages are that you have to stay hidden or move from place to place so you at keep your secret. Another disadvantage is that you have to watch everyone you know and love die.
3. If I could pick what age to stay forever it would be like in the 20’s like 20-30 because I could get a good job and could be young enough to party and be at my physical prime.
P.S. GO CELTICS!!!! They are going to beat the Lakers and win championship.
1) One thought that I had was if the effects would ever go away. I wondered this because I wondered how this could change somebody’s life and if they ever got a second chance.
2) I think in some ways living forever could be an advantage but in other ways it could be a disadvantage. One way I think it would be an advantage is because you wouldn’t have to be scared to do anything. You could take as many risks as you wanted and wouldn’t have to worry. One way it would be a disadvantage is because you would have to watch many people die including your family and friends. That would be very difficult.
3) If I had to pick one age to be forever I would pick to be around 30. I would pick that because at that age I would probably be starting to raise a family and having responsibilities but I would also be young and able to have a lot of fun.
One thought I had was What was in the spring that was different from other springs?
I think that it would be fun at first, but it will get boring after a day or two, because when you are the only person left alive in your generation, it is not fun. It would also be a little weird to be the only 200 or older person out there. If I was immortal, I would probably be alone for the most part, because a really old person would not be likely to be running around outside with everyone. Some advantages of being immortal would be that you can see all of the advancements that the world has made. Another advantage is that you can see your great grandchildren, and your great great grandchildren, and your great great great grandchildren, etc. Some disadvantages about being immortal is that you can get to be extremely lonely at some times. You might also have excessive health problems, so you might not live a very enjoyable life after you reach 100 years old.
If I could choose an age to be forever, It would be somewhere in my late teens, or early twenties, because it is the time when you are an adult. My dad says that you can do almost anything you want during college, so I would like to stay there for a long time. It is also around the age where you are very strong, and healthy. I would like to be able to play the sports and activities that I like best.
1. One thought that I would have is would their be any way to kill someone who drank from the stream? I thought this because I think it would be interesting and really want to know.
2. I think it would be nice to live forever because I would get to see all of the technology change throughout the years. Some advantages would be whenever I got hurt, I wouldn't suffer from the pain, do everything I would want to do, and I wouldn't have to change my clothes size. Some disadvantages would be getting really bored and if I had kids, they would all look a lot older than me.
3. If I could pick one age to be my whole life would be in any age between 16 and 30 because if I was playing in the pro's for tennis, I would be able to play my whole life and make millions of dollars. Also, I would be able to start a family, but not when I'm in my 16's through early 20's.
1. The one thought that I had was: Whinnie was having fun with her new friends and with her new life. I had a feeling she would decide to run away.
2. I think that it would be kind of cool to live forever but kind of annoying at the same time because you would never grow up. You would be in your parents house your whole life and never get freedom or go to college or anything because you would be the same age forever. Also people would know that you are the same age as them but look SOOO much younger and that would be kind of weird. There would be some advantages though like you would never have to think about dying and get to see how the world changes and technology when it advances.
3. If I HAD to pick an age to stay forever it would probably be 23 or something because I would be a little bit older and be considered an adult and would be able to drive and do lots of stuff kids don't have the privileges to do. I would be in college and could get a job. For me that would be a perfect age but thats just my opinion.
1. One thought I had was that there was going to be a lot of trouble between Winnie and the Tuck family.
2. I think it would be cool to live on the earth forever because you would see the future and everything else. Some advantages would that you would be able to use all the new cool technology. Some disadvantages are that you would see every one die and see the Earth die.
1. One thought I had would be sympathy towards Miles because his family as in wife and kids left him and they’re probably dead or very old, while Miles thinks about them unchanged. Another thing I thought about would be if you where still growing when you changed would you still grow, but then again Jesse and Miles aren’t human skyscraper.
2. Advantages of being immortal would be that you would always have time to do what you want, not being afraid of disease, old age, or you can become very wise with the knowledge of centuries or you would go insane from the memories. You can also become immortal when you were about to die so you would be forever weak, you would have to watch dear ones grow old and die, get sick and now be able to die and be relieved, grow insane, be accused of being the devil or whatever, not able to have friends or having acquaintances.
3. An age that would be nice to be forever would be some where around nine to thirteen because you’re still a kid and there isn’t a lot of drama in your life. My sister is sixteen and she became more stressed trying to become an adult and a kid at the same time. A young age like nine is a good age since you’re still quite and can get away with chores, but a more mature age like thirteen is usually when kids get more freedom and responsibilities such as cell phones and going to the mall with only friends.
1. One thought that I chose was: How did the spring come to be magic?
2. I would be kind of bored living in a world that I could never change in. I would get to use most of the great technology that the future has. I would encounter the dangers of living with a secret and I would have to see some world tragedies also.
3. I would stay in my early 30s because I would get to travel the world and explore all the places that I have never traveled to.
1. One thought I would've had was that would the water be able to drink or was it good for you.
2. I would think that it would be boring because you would never be able to try something different.
3. I would stay at the age 18 because I would still be fit.
1)One thought I had was what will happen to everyone.
2) I think it would be cool but definitely wouldn’t want to be like that forever I would want to be normal. One advantage if you lived forever would be that you know what really happened in world history. A disadvantage would be if you experience so much misery that you cant take it anymore but you cant die.
3) If I could be any age forever I would be between 25-35 because I could be out of my moms house but still live life to the fullest
1)One thought that I had was that I thought that the man in the yellow suit would try to drink the water, and that I really liked the Tuck family. I also think that it is strange for a spring to be there, and I want to know why the spring makes this happen.
2)I think that it would be weird to live on earth and never die because you would make friends but then your friends would die and you might always be lonely. One good thing though is that you could never be hurt, and I like that because I don't like to get hurt.
3)If I could pick one age it would be from 20-25 because I would be healthy, plus, I could get a job and be treated like an adult.
One thought I had was if the side affects from drinking from the stream will last forever and never go away.
I would not like to be immortal because life only lasts so long so you can pack in as many journeys and adventures as possible. Some advantages of living forever is that you do not have to always be worrying about what to do next and work your hardest at everything because you know there will always be a tomorrow and a next day and another day after that. One disadvantage of living forever is that you would sometimes be bored and never have to worry abut being 10 only once.
If I had to pick one age to stay at forever is I would stay at age nine. I would stay at age nine because I think that it is a very fun age where you don't have to worry about boyfriends and girlfriends and you don't have much homework or harsh teachers.
1. I think that winne had a food time with here friends and it was fun for her to do that.
2. I do not think that it would be that it would be that fun to live forever because all of your friends would have to die some time and you would have to make new ones every time one of your friends die. If you get married and you would have to have A LOT of wives. on the other hand you do not have fell bad if you did not do what you wanted to so that is a good thing about living a long time.
3. I think that the best time when you are alive is the years 21,22,23 and 24. I would want to be in thouse years because you are still young and can do a lot of things at that age like I want to go to school is Germany and then go climb Mt.Everest and thouse are my lifes goals.
1 the book is ok.And they are immortal if they drank the springs.
2 It would get boring but you would get to see everything. You would get to see everything. It would get boring.
3 100 then i could see everything for 100 years.
1. One thought that I would have would be, how they found it because the chances of you finding a magical spring are pretty small.
2. If I could live forever, I would think that to be pretty cool because you can see everything that happens in the future and not have to guess what will happen. Some advantages would be that you can live forever and not die Also it would be cool if one year you thought something would never happen, but then in like 300 years, you can see it happen. Some disadvantages would be that if something bad was to happen in the future, you would have to live through it.
3. If I could live at one age forever, it would be between 30 and 40 because you still look youngish but you also don't look that old. Also, you can still travel without problems and you don't have all those aches and cramps.
1. At first, I thought it was a joke, but than I remembered about the man in the yellow suit and how he was looking for something from a long time ago...
2... At first, I think it would be awesome, but than I would get bored and eventually, the secret would get out, and bad stuff (stuff that ain't good) would happen... Some of the advantages would be, I don't know, never dying maybe? You could go anywhere you want and do everything you wanted to and you'd have an eternity to do it. You could do whatever you want without fear of death. A few disadvantages would be that all the people you knew would die, and than you would meet new people, and then they'd die, and it would keep on going until the sun blew up and the world died, (but I guess you would still live). Also, if you got a life sentence in prison (not that that would ever happen to me [I hope]) the jail would rot before they let you out.
3? I would stay a child forever, a tween, not yet in puberty so I wouldn't be stuck with acne and a crackling voice, but not an adult, a kid, so that I could keep "the essence of youth". So if I had to pick an age, it would probably be right now. However, if I were lucky enough to be a licensed driver without all the hair and puberty stuff, I would choose that age.
I was looking at Evalynna's blog and noticed she brought up an interesting point: How was the spring actually made?
???
1) One thought I had is how does the water give anyone that drinks it immortality. Also I wondered ho he shot himself and didn't feel a thing.
2)I think that living forever would actually be a curse because as all your friends and family get older you would be the same age and watch all your closest friends and family slowly die off. One of the advantages would be fighting in the army because you would not be able to die. One disadvantage would not being to eventualy prosper with your family but live forever with loving memory and sorrow for them.
3)It would be 21 because I would be able to drink,club, and drive.
1. Wow! What an interesting secret. I would of never of guessed that this would happen. One thought I had was how the water could turn them to ... like that!!!
2. I think it would be cool to live forever and see what inventions people could make up in the future. Some advantages of living forever is that you could do everything and not have to worry about dying. Some disadvantages of living forever is that you would be extra sad when your friend died and that you know that this would never happen to you.
3. If I could pick one age to stay ing forever it would definitely not be to young because you can not do as much. And I would not be to old because people will suspect something since you never died. So I would like to be in the middle, like around 25 to 40 years old. Probably at 35 years old.
☺♥✐✄✔✌☎✈☑✺☆☢☠✉❒✒☼☁☂☃☄✘➺↵∏∞ℵ∈⊕
1) I thought that it's amazing that drinking from a stream could grant "eternal life" and I was also wondering if the Tucks really were "boring."
2)If I would be able to live forever, I'd do the stupidest things and I wouldn't get hurt. That'd be fun. Some advantages would be that you could do anything you wanted and you had all the time in the world, but some disadvantages would be that if a person you really loved didn't drink the water, that person would eventually die.
3) I would want to be 21 forever because that's when a person is able to drink. :D Oh, and I would also be able to drive.
You know what?
...
'ǝɯɐƃ ǝɥʇ ʇsol ʇsnɾ noʎ
1. A thought that I had was if someone drank from the stream wouldn't everyone drink from the fountain.
2. An advantage are never dieing so you can do dangerous and courageous stuff with out worrying about dieing. But a disadvantage is having to deal with all of your friends and family die.
3. I would be 15 or 16 because you are still very young but you have more freedom.
1. One thought I had was how and why does the magic spring water make people stay the same age they were when they drank it and how come they can’t get hurt or die.
2. I think it would be really cool, because you could go anywhere and never die, so you could travel the whole wide world. Some advantages would be the one I stated before and you could meet all types of new people and have many friends and many new fun adventures. Some disadvantages was that if a person had a love and they died it would be really sad because they would never be able to see them again because they lived forever and that person didn’t, also if the person met a lot of people they would also go through a lot of sadness, anger, pain, sorrow, and many deaths.
3. I would pick 30 because when people are 30 they are usually are married. I would have my husband live forever too, so he should drink the water and we could be married forever.
1. One thought I had was how and why does the magic spring water make people stay the same age they were when they drank it and how come they can’t get hurt or die.
2. I think it would be really cool, because you could go anywhere and never die, so you could travel the whole wide world. Some advantages would be the one I stated before and you could meet all types of new people and have many friends and many new fun adventures. Some disadvantages was that if a person had a love and they died it would be really sad because they would never be able to see them again because they lived forever and that person didn’t, also if the person met a lot of people they would also go through a lot of sadness, anger, pain, sorrow, and many deaths.
3. I would pick 30 because when people are 30 they are usually are married. I would have my husband live forever too, so he should drink the water and we could be married forever.
1,One thought I had would be If I had a choice to drink from the spring and If i would do it or not.
2. I think it would be really weird to live on the earth forever because it would be weird knowing that you could never die. It would be cool at first though because you could do would ever you want but after a few hundred years It would get kind of boring.
3.I would probably choose in my 20,s because it's a time when you are old, but not to old, and you're very strong and smart.
1. The first thought I had was that that would be really cool.
2. It would be awesome if you were young the whole time, but if kept getting older it would be terrible. Some advantages for living forever are doing fun stuff everyday forever. Also if you are young everyday forever it would be very cool. Some disadvantages are you might be doing a lot of the same stuff on and on and on.
3. if I could pick 23 because your still in your prime then, and you can be in your prime forever.
1) My thoughts were that who/what made the spring and why they did.
2) I would like being immortal because I could see all of the changes overtime and what has happened in the last few centuries. I think that I would eventually get into inventing because I could help the world develop.
3) if I culd stay one age I would be in my thirties because I could still have knowledge from my profession in college and I would stay young and peppy.
1) My thoughts were that who/what made the spring and why they did.
2) I would like being immortal because I could see all of the changes overtime and what has happened in the last few centuries. I think that I would eventually get into inventing because I could help the world develop.
3) if I culd stay one age I would be in my thirties because I could still have knowledge from my profession in college and I would stay young and peppy.
1. One thought I had was if some one ducked under a car when it was coming toward them would they live or survive????
2. I think it would start to get boring because you would have already done everything, and all your family is already dead. Some advantages would be to see your great grand children grow up. Some disadvantages are seeing your family pass away in front of you. 3. I would be 21 because you could do everything including driving, and choosing choices for yourself.
I like BURRITOS!!!!
1. I was wondering if you have to keep drinking it, because when winnie found him he was drinking from the magic stream.
2. I think it would be cool to live forever because you could go anywhere and do whatever you wan't but after you've lived for about 100 years you might run out of things to do.
3. I would stay thirty years old because that would be the peak of my physical healthiness.
Post a Comment